My name is Paul and I’m a writer and entrepreneur living in Brisbane, Australia.
I spent close to 20 years in the IT industry as a consultant and project engineer. As a former Microsoft MVP I founded and ran Practical 365 (previously Exchange Server Pro), a leading community site for Office 365 and Exchange Server technical content.
These days I focus on our happiness, healthy, and working on our family business. My work is at the intersection of business & people management, modern technology, and marketing. As I learn things, or am inspired to share and help others, I write about them here on this blog.
Some other project of mine:
- Surviving IT: Essential Advice for Building a Happy and Healthy Technology Career. I wrote Surviving IT as my farewell advice to traditional IT pros and tech workers. You can read it for free online, or order a copy here.
- Other books I've written are here.
- My code blog, where I share things as I learn them.
- Life at 50K, following my trail and ultrarunning journey.
- In 2014 I did my first photography project, a 365 project that you can see here. I learned a lot about photography that year, and still enjoy the hobby today.
Where else can you find me: